Monday, July 31, 2006

Go Stallions!

Grande Prairie trip was awesome. We won the game 54-7 and secured a first round bye in the playoffs. The only thing is that it poured rain throughout the first quarter and I don't think I've ever been so cold playing a football game. That's Alberta weather for you...the last game felt like I was playing on a field in Africa (37 degrees) and in this one I thought I was getting hypothermia. I won't comment on any of the capers that took place after the game because what happens on the road stays on the road, but things did get a little crazy.

NFL season is just around the corner with the preseason starting August 12. The Falcons have already suffered a setback, losing clutch receiver Brian Finneran for probably the season during a non-contact practice last week. I keep telling myself that it could be worse; it could have been Dunn, or Abraham, or D'Lo, or Crump, or...You-know-who. It seems like every year a good Falcons player goes down before the season starts. 2003 was You-know-who, 2004 was D'Lo (although he did come back in November,) 2005 was Ed Hartwell, and now Finn in 2006. I don't know how this will affect my preseason prediction, but I'll have to wait and see how the preseason plays itself out and then I'll put up predictions for all teams.

No comments: