Tuesday, January 24, 2006

WE WIN











"Well, I gotta admit...Um...Good campaign, Stephen."
"I wish I could say the same for you and your crew of flunkies, Paul. You guys want some grapes?...Bitches."

Working the election was pretty fun. I didn't run into any snags throughout the day. My poor registration officer looked like he was going to tear his hair out because of all the grade 9 university kids who moved here from various other places and didn't have a single document which showed their current address. The DRO at the poll next to me had a couple of crazies who wouldn't take "No, you can't vote" for an answer, while my poll clerk and I just laughed.

My prediction of 140 for the Conservatives, 81 for the Liberals, 59 for the Bloc and 28 for the NDP was way off (except for the NDP) because I vastly overestimated the Conservative count in Ontario. I also overdid it on the Bloc, but very few people saw that one coming.

But if Stephen Harper whips out his Brokeback Mountain outfit or his Flamers jersey at all as Prime Minister, I think my head will explode. Harper actually wears the disgusting third jersey which makes me vomit about 9 times more.

No comments: