Sunday, September 18, 2005

Black Sunday

So the Oilers, Eskimos, and Falcons all played today. What are the chances of that happening?? Here are the results.

Stars @ Oilers: L 6-5 (SO)
Eskimos @ Roughriders: L 37-36
Falcons @ Seahawks: L 21-18

I knew the Falcons always had trouble playing in Seattle, so it wasn't really a big surprise, but the Smos were still winning at the time I left for the Oilers game. Even after the Oilers lost, I thought it was no big worry because it was only pre-season and the Smos were going to win anyway. Little did I know...

It's even worse that the Smos cost me my 4 for 4 week for the CFL, and that the Falcons put me (at best) at 7-9 for this week's NFL picks.

About the only good thing that happened today was that Shannon Fox read my traffic tip on the air. It was a stall in the left lane of the High Level Bridge, and I warned everyone to stay right. It might have saved somebody a minute or two off their drive. Pretty sad, I know, but this is why I drink. Oh yeah, and I went to Wendy's and got my ranch.

If this post sounded too much like teenage angst, then I apologize, because I'm not looking for sympathy.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Ranch.

Anonymous said...

Haha you emo little bugger. Lammar would laugh...

Anonymous said...

No one cares about sports, Adam. Write about something cool.

Adam said...

How about no?