Friday, September 02, 2005

Happy Birsday to me (and CFL Week 11)

So last weekend was mayhem. I woke up on Friday at about 4:30 and started drinking about an hour later. That Mission Hill Pinot Noir is good stuff but man, it'll get you drunk. Heather brought her ladies over and made girly drink drunk and Andre and Gina got drunk off Shiraz Cabernet. We went to the Smos game after that...I don't remember a lot about it, but we won 36-26. Then on Saturday, we went to Barb and Ernie's for breakfast, then to the 76th Canadian Derby (that's a horse race before you ask) I actually came out on top by about 6 bucks. Then we had supper at the Mongolie Grill and then headed back to my house and then went to Boston Pizza. Yeah, it was a fairly busy weekend for drinking. Oh, and on Sunday I reffed football out in the Park. It was a hot day...thank goodness I wasn't hung over.

My last night of work was last night. They got me a nice parting gift: a bucket full of food and a gift certificate to the liquor store. I'd like to go back this summer, if there's a job for me to come back to. I have a feeling those Europeans are going to try to boost their profit margins at the expense of quality (moreso) this year.

And I know this is a little late, since the first game is just about over, but here's my CFL Week 11 predictions:

Ottawa @ Montreal: Montreal wins, Ottawa beats the 6.5 point spread
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan: Saskatchewan wins, Winnipeg beats the 5.5 point spread
Edmonton @ Calgary: Edmonton wins, and covers the 3.5 point spread
Toronto @ Hamilton: Toronto wins, and covers the 5.5 point spread

Hopefully sometime this weekend I can do up my projected standings for the NFL this season and my thoughts on this year's Atlanta Falcons.

No comments: