Saturday, September 24, 2005

NFL Week 3

To my anonymous nemesis who thinks nobody cares about sports...I assure you that there's at least one other person out there reading this who does care, but if you'd rather read about teenage angst, go to someone else's blog...maybe Lamar's, I hear he likes to blog about how down on life he is.

Just got back from the Smos game. Smos beat the Lions 37-20, and it was the best performance I've seen from the Esks all season. There were a few candidates for Monster Performer. I considered Ricky Ray, but he only threw for 250 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. I considered Ron McClendon for his 2 TDs, but he only rushed for 31 yards. I finally settled on Tony Tompkins, for his 85 yard kickoff return TD. He would have also had a 65 yard punt return, but that was called back because of penalties. Defence played a really good game as well.

I didn't get my CFL picks in on time this week, but I'd probably be 0-3 right now anyway.

NFL Picks Week 3:

Atlanta at BUFFALO: Vick has been upgraded to probable, but Buffalo has one of the best D-lines in the league. Vick was sacked the most times out of any quarterback last season, and if they throw in Matt Schaub who can't run away from the blitz (Atlanta's O-Line is terrible) then it'll be 9 times worse. Tampa Bay's running game had quite a day against the Bills, so I think this one comes down to Dunn and Duckett. (Bills have only surrendered 3 passing scores in their last 6 games. Bills by 3.

CAROLINA at Miami: The Panties just beat the champs, so I think they'll be playing with a chip on their shoulder this week. Stephen Davis is out already (no big surprise) but they've got some depth at RB. Panties by 10.

CINNCINNATI at Chicago: Bears just had a big win against the Lions, but that just shows how overrated the Lions are. Plus Carson Palmer's having a helluva a year. Year of the Tiger, Bengals by 14.

Cleveland at INDIANAPOLIS: I looked at the schedule, and the Colts don't play a real opponent until Week 9 (@ New England) I expected the Browns to be this year's 2-14 team. I just can't trust a team that makes Seattle's garbage its starting quarterback. Peyton Manning by 28.

JACKSONVILLE at NY Jets: Jags held Peyton to 122 yards and no TD pass, which is definitely something to be proud of. However, they've lost Donovan Darius, and he's pretty much irreplaceable. Still, I think they can beat the Jets...Jags by 7.

NEW ORLEANS at Minnesota: Pepto Bismol Upset of the Week. Third time's a charm for the Vikings, maybe. But Aaron Brooks had quite a day against the Giants (375 yards) and if he can keep himself from throwing 3 picks, they should win this one. Chad Johnson burned the Minnesota secondary for 70 yards and a TD on the second play from scrimmage last week, so I wouldn't worry about them getting too many picks. Taints by 3.

Oakland at PHILADELPHIA: Lock of the Week. The Eagles don't lose in the Linc, unless Koy Detmer's playing. I don't think they'll win by 39 again this week, but it still won't be close. Eagles by 28.

TAMPA BAY at Green Bay: Tampa Bay starting out 3-0? *shudder* My roommate and I were debating which team is worse: the Browns or the Packers and we couldn't arrive at a resolution. Brett Favre will have a good game, but he can't win all by himself. Succaqueers by 10.

Tennessee at ST. LOUIS: Colin picked the Titans in this one, so the Titans will probably win. Still, I think even the Strathmore Spartans could beat that offensively challenged Baltimore Ravens team, so I'm not concerned about the Titans going anywhere just yet. This doesn't mean I think the Rams don't have major problems, but they should win this one by 10.

Arizona at SEATTLE: Seahawks sure had their way with the Falcons in the first half last week, but almost blew it in the second half. If they can play an entire game against the Cardinals, they should win by a bunch, and Alexander should run all over their faces. I'm going to say Seahawks by 20.

DALLAS at San Francisco: What a meltdown that was on Monday night! But San Francisco's easy enough to beat, and Dallas is really not that bad of a team (although the Bledsoe/Peerless tandem still worries me) Cowboys by 21.

New England at PITTSBURGH: Steelers will have revenge on their minds after last year's AFC Final, and they've also won 16 regular season games in a row. They also beat New England at Ketchup Stadium last year, and I think they can do it again. Steelers by 7.

NY Giants at SAN DIEGO: I had the Giants originally, but their two wins have been against Zona and New Orleans, both at home. Chargers by 3.

KANSAS CITY at Denver: Chiefs are 2-0 and Trent Green hasn't even thrown a TD pass yet. Broncos were lucky to win against the Chargers, and they can't rely on Champ Bailey to get a game-winning TD every week. Chiefs by 14.

9 comments:

Heather said...

I love your random censorship in your comments. On my blog I ignore people who bitch about content and frequency of posts. Yet I frequently bitch about those same things on other peoples blogs.
Sooooo....
Have you done your week 4 picks yet?
Oh and apparently they are pulling out all the stops at the home opener at Rexall, I can't wait. Maybe I should wear my grad dress...are you going to wear your Tuxedo over your jersey? ;P

Heather said...

Oh yeah and they sent Broads and The Delaurian to the AHL. I am glad they kept Morrison and Guns made it too! So far.

uhhhh....Did your Auntie Bob get us those tickets?

Anonymous said...

Adam, must I continue googling for anti-sports pages, or will you admit the error of your ways and post something, you know, above the level of the knuckle-dragging jocks?

This one is kinda interesting:

http://home.earthlink.net/~thogmi/sports/sports.html

To quote from it:
"All sports are dung, slime, and human feces."

And really, I'm quite hurt when you delete these comments. They're all in good fun.

Adam said...

If they're all in good fun, why don't you attach a name to your shit so I can come kick your ass? Better yet, give me the link to your blog so I can see just what kinds of things to post in order to hold your interest?

Heather, my week 4 picks are in the works, should be done soon. And about the tuxedo, the jersey goes over top.

Anonymous said...

"If they're all in good fun, why don't you attach a name to your shit so I can come kick your ass?"

Because it'll be funnier when I see you in person and casually mention something about hating sports, just to see the look on your face. :-)

Adam said...

Do you think that's wise?

Anonymous said...

What if I told you I was really Heather?

Heather said...

You wish...

Anonymous said...

Imagine Thousands Of Links Back To Your Web Site From Other People's Blogs!