Monday, October 10, 2005

Thanksgiving Debauchery

I'm back now and almost fully recovered from my weekend in the 934. Last night, I went to Boston Pizza and met up with Meghan Boiteau, Sarah, Jamie, Blobra, Mick, and Warren. I only managed to have three $2.00 pints before they kicked us out. What kind of bar closes at 11:00? Then again, what kind of people get trashed on a Sunday? Anyway, we went to the liquor store after that, and in a brilliant burst of insight, I figured since a 6-pack was probably too much to drink in the time left, why not just get a 40? Yeah, bright idea. So we took the Colt 45 and went to Sarah's, and then moved the party over to Mick's. From there, things just started getting out of control, as Mick was trying to get an orgy going, encouraging Meghan and Sarah to touch tongues, but I wouldn't know if anything actually happened, as I was constantly running out of the house and going to barf on the curb in front of the house, and then covering it up with leaves. I walked home with Warren shortly after finishing the 40, and slept till 11. Then, after talking to Ralph on the big white phone, I packed up and headed home.

I also got a fair amount of football in this weekend. I went to the Spartans game, and Bastable Stadium was actually full. Blobra and I volunteered to be the stick crew, and doing that gives you the best seats in the house. It was fun to scream at the defence when they're about 10 feet in front of you. Blobra and I looked at each other a few times, asking when the hell the Spartans got a passing game, and a run defence. It's so awesome to watch a team that has both a running game and a passing game, since the Falcons and Smos lack one or the other. Spartans ended up winning 26-8, improving their record to 3-2-1 on the season, and all but assured them their first home playoff berth in team history. This is the year we're going to state, I can feel it. They just need a kicker and they've got it made. Go Spartans!

I watched the Falcons game on Sunday and they lost 31-28. But I don't think I've ever been so proud of any team after a loss as I was after that one. They played the Superbowl Champs for all 60 minutes with their backup QB Matt Schaub. Schaub was excellent, throwing for 298 yards and 3 TDs, no picks. The other good thing was that the Bucs also lost, so this loss doesn't have too big of an impact on the standings.

The Smos also won today, and it seems they've finally got a running back they're willing to stick with...Troy Davis. Davis rushed for over 100 yards today. This was a must win game for Les Eskimaux since they are now 2 points ahead of Saskatchewan and 4 points ahead of Calgary in the standings.

Also, intramural hockey starts a week from now, and my intramural flag football team is 3-0 and playoff bound with one game left to play. Woohoo!

And I can't fricken wait for October to end since football reffing is eating up a substantial amount of my free time. It might also have something to do with the fact that I have 5 Oiler games in November. That's right, 5.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You missed the Mick attempt an orgy? That is a shame ya piss tank. Is Meghan the ex-wife?

Try Big Bear next time...sooo classy.

Anonymous said...

Adam,

The blog has improved greatly. While your Signal:Sports ratio is still a little on the low side, it has improved. With any luck, you'll soon start writing bad poetry, bitching about politicians, and posting pictures of your pets. Then, your transition to a Real Blogger will be complete.

Keep up the good work.

Adam said...

Sarah is the ex-special lady. Yeah, it's a shame...I was around when Mick was trying in vain to get them to do it, but I had to leave to go puke. It was kind of like the ranch commercial, where the chick invites the guy upstairs and the ranch tooth is sitting in the car.

"RANCH!"
"Not now!"

And I don't have any pets to post pictures of. So I guess this will always be a fake blog.