Tuesday, May 23, 2006

5 more wins


Wow...who would have thought that after I wrote this post in October that MacTavish would eventually turn those 7 losses in a row around into 7 wins in a row in the playoffs! I certainly didn't, so I thought it's only fair that I come back with a MacTavish photo stamped with the word "genius" even with his brain fart tonight which caused the Oilers to flush their time out. And if MacT deserves that honour, then surely Kevin Lowe does as well...


No update for the Roloson Watch right now (I left all the stats at work and I'm not about to go back and calculate it all over again) but as for the Peca Watch, with his goal and assist tonight, his point streak is now at 6 games.

Oh, and if the Oilers fans start chanting "We want the..." well, I won't finish what they said because it carries such a strong jinx, but it rhymes with "pup." If they start cheering that again, I think I am going to have to start cheering for the L.A. Kings. The Hockey Gods, infuriated by this display of hubris by the fans and by Georges Laraque, rewarded the Ducks with 4 third period goals in the span of 11 minutes as thunder and lightning crashed and rumbled over Rexall Place. They did the same thing to the Calgary Flames in 2004. As Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final sat tied going into double overtime, the fans rocked the Saddledome with the "We want the ____" cheer. The Hockey Gods rewarded Martin St. Louis with a quick goal and I guess they were still pissed off two days later for Game 7 because the Lightning went on to win the Cup. I'm hoping we didn't piss them off that badly since they decided the Oilers should still win the game despite such arrogance, but should the Ducks come back to win the next four, everyone will know why.

No comments: