Tuesday, May 02, 2006

"Cut the shit, sonny..."

I've been without internet for a week now as a result of moving. This represents my first blog post from work. Originally I thought I was working from 6-2 this week, but a power outage last week fucked up all the Bud yeast so I've been here doing all these tests, so I'll be working from 2 AM - 2 PM for a few days, and I'm not too happy about it.

How about that Game 6? To be outshot 17-2 in the 2nd period and then to complete the comeback in the 3rd by scoring 4 goals was incredible. Fernando was great, Roloson was the reason that game was even close, and I think that Oiler fans will be talking about "the time that Samsonov made that sweet pass to Hemsky who scored with 1:06 left in the game to win the series" for years to come.

More about hockey later. I'm posting this because I've been less than forthright about certain events in the past four months. The truth is that I've been working on something that we will dub "The Project" for right now. I've kept The Project as protected information because the last time I attempted something like this, it was a miserable failure and keeping The Project quiet would allow me to sweep it under the rug as if it had never happened in the event of a similar failure. Well, it doesn't look like that's going to happen anyway, but that's not a sure thing yet. Anyway, let's just recap some of my lies, half-truths, and details intentionally left out:

-I purposely tried to gain 20 lbs. in 12 weeks using a combination of a high calorie diet with lots of protein and weightlifting and no cardio to speak of. After 12 weeks was up, I started running again. You may recall that I never start a workout routine without a specific goal in mind, but I never said what that goal was. Why would somebody want to gain weight like that?
-My bank account is $776.15 lighter for reasons not related to school or living expenses. These were the funds required to get The Project off the ground.
-On Feb. 25, I mentioned going on a tour of the Maverick Brewing Company. When Gord asked me what my business there was, I didn't really have a good answer.
-When Labatt told me of their plan to get rid of the midnight shift, I vehemently refused to work afternoon shifts at any time during the summer without giving a reason.
-When asked about certain weekends this summer, I haven't been able to make any concrete plans with anybody. Examples include My Cousin Joey's keg party and certain events during the weekend of Convocation (June 10-11).
-On the weekend of March 17-19, Blobra and Vineyard paid me a visit. I requested that they be gone by 2:00 PM on the 19th, as I had a "thing" to go to. I had been disappearing like this every Sunday since Feb. 12 for a couple of hours in the afternoon, except for March 5, when I was at the Oiler game with Weeds.
-This one's a real mess. On Saturday (April 29), I declined an invitation to go the E & C to watch the Oiler game. At 11 AM, my dad and my brother showed up at my house with a U-Haul to find that I was not at home. They picked up some of my stuff for me and didn't inquire into my absence, but I returned to the White House at 5:30 PM, with a slight sunburn on my face and arms. This 11-5:30 absence was repeated on Sunday as well. There are several stories circulating around as to where I was during this time, including reffing football, watching the game somewhere, at my house cleaning up, or moving stuff to and from St. Albert. Obviously, none of them are true.

All of these incidents are directly related to The Project. Go on and speculate as to what I'm up to, but I'll only make public the nature of The Project when the time is right and I know that it's a done deal. That should be in a week or two.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your giong to climb mt. everst. your putting on wieght so your putting on wieght and gaing mussel. and your savings are smaller since yuo need equitment.
im so smart

Anonymous said...

wait.. that last post made no sense. yuor gaing weight to be warmer and oyur running and weight lifting so yuoll be stronger

Adam said...

Everest, eh? I wish! The Project isn't nearly that ambitious.

Anyway, I'm not gaining weight to get warmer, but your second guess is correct. There's a specific reason that I'd want to get stronger though...