Tuesday, December 20, 2005

7/8 done

Someone found this blog by searching for "Bengals sweatpants." Sorry, dude, I'm all sold out, but if you check back in a week, I'll probably have a new shipment in.

Exams are finally over, and my winter holiday officially begins. Yeah, it's going to last for a whole of 27 hours and then I start work. Labatt called me up and asked if I wanted to do some work over the holidays and I need the money (well, I don't actually need it, but this will make a few more airplane rides possible in the next four months.)

I think this was probably the worst round of finals I've ever had...but I say that about every finals period because it just keeps going downhill for me. My GPA has gotten steadily worse over the years while the average GPA in my classes gets steadily better. But I need a 1.0 GPA to graduate...that's right, 1.0. I could afford to go lower, but that would mean that I failed a class and I can't have that happening...it fucks up my plan. It's kind of funny...all the immunology meddlers in ZOOL 452 last year were appalled by my callous indifference to grades, but it's all the same piece of paper in the end (that's "Bachelor of Science with Specialization in Immunology and Infection." I wonder if they can fit that all on the degree or if they're just going to have to cut it off at some point, like "Bachelor of Science with Specialization in Immunol...") Anyway, my point is that your grades only matter if you're trying for some kind of post-graduate education, which I'm not, or if you're trying to get a job working for a prof, because they seem to think that the 4.0 students are the most competent in the lab, which is not always the case.

So the Bears/Falcons game on Sunday made me wish I wasn't a sports fan. But the Flames/Oilers game last night made up for it. But I didn't even get to watch either of them. I was confined to my room studying during the Flames/Oilers and was left to periodically check 630 CHED for updates. Falcons game...bit of a different story. I worked hard all day so I could take the evening off and watch it. But the TV was off after Keion Carpenter's interception fumble early in the 3rd quarter, I yelled some profanities and went back to my room to watch the live updates on NFL Game Center because the TV announcers were pissing me off, but I turned off Game Center after Mike Vick's 2nd interception, which I never do...I always believe the Falcons can come back to win, but this game was unusually frustrating. I think I could have stuck it out if I was drunk enough, but that wasn't possible because I had a test the next day. School is ruining my life, it's making me realize that the Falcons aren't that great. Stupid learning...

I think I'll go get drunk tonight though.

No comments: