Monday, November 14, 2005

Movie #24

24. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Return of the King is up here mainly because I liked all three of the movies, but I decided on this one to put in the top 25. I didn't even read the books (I can't read) and I normally don't even like all the fantasy mantra of elves and wizards and fairies and shit. I think that it was very well written (although it could have ended in about 8 different places...) and I'm a sucker for the cool battle scenes and special effects.

We join the story with Huck Finn and Mikey continuing their search for One-Eyed Willie and the fires of Mount Doom to destroy the ring and bring peace to Middle Earth, while Gollum tries to lead them into a trap. While this is going on, Aragorn tries to realize his true identity and purpose as the King of Men, and journeys with Legolas and Sallah to summon the Army of the Dead so that the battle against evil can be won.

This film was nominated for 11 Academy Awards and won all 11, including Best Picture.

No comments: