Saturday, November 05, 2005

"Today I quit my job..."

"...then I told my boss to go fuck himself, and then I blackmailed him for over $60,000! Pass the asparagus..."

Okay, so that's a quote from American Beauty. My dad quit his job recently, but he didn't exactly do it like how Lester did. And he's not working at Mr. Smiley's either. No, he got a job at Canyon Creek Food Company Ltd. There's only one hitch though...it's in Edmonton.

So that of course raises a lot of issues, and despite the fact that I haven't lived with them for over 3 years, it does affect me. The first and most obvious question is am I going to live with them again? I'd like to avoid that if possible, but if I decide to pursue more (expensive) flying training, I'm going to need to save money, and living with them would help. On the other hand, I like the house I'm in now, and I like being independent and taking care of myself. The second question is am I going to lose my car? My dad's going to have to give back his company van from his previous job, and this means the family will be short one vehicle. The car is legally mine, but previously belonged to my parents. But I've already been assured that they won't do this (although I'd like to have it in writing.) The third and probably most irrelevant question is where in the city are they going to live? Nobody's really sure...my Auntie Barb is making a pitch for them to live in the west end; my Grandma, the north end; my dad, a house in the southeast; my mom, a condo downtown; and me, the Park (but it's really none of my business anyway)

Anyway, I probably shouldn't be worried about any of this, but I've already got plenty of uncertainty about the future coming my way starting in May 2006, so this just adds to it all.

No comments: